Making Child Safety Gates Accessible to Everyone
Access Latch is a simple to install, no power/battery solution that enables pool/gate locks to be opened by people in wheelchairs with the use of an MLAK key
Access Latch works with the Magnalatch* range of products, providing an alternate key-operated base unit that allows the gate to be opened from lower height whist remaining child-safe and compliant with self-latching requirements.
Access Latch is typically installed to gates at:
- Childcare centres,
- Community centres,
- Maternal child health centres,
- Swimming pools and aquatic centres and
Access Latch is 100% Australian made, from high-quality glass-filled Nylon with a UV dampener and comes with a ten-year replacement warranty.
It has been designed to comply with AS 1428.1 (2009) – Design for access and mobility and AS 1926 – Safety barriers for swimming pools as there are no footholds for children’s feet.
The lock barrel is a standard PD barrel used for restricted access keys. The unit is keyed for an MLAK access key but can be rekeyed by a locksmith to meet other requirements.
The instructions for fitting and adapting for left or right-handed gates can be found here Access Latch Series 2 – Installation Guide
- 3 Important Reasons Why Your Preschool or Childcare Centre Should Install an Access Latch
- How AccessLatch Improves Accessibility to Fenced Community Playgrounds
- Here’s Why You Should Install an AccessLatch to Your Swimming Pool Safety Gate
- 3 Key Benefits of Installing an AccessLatch at Your Preschool or Early Learning Centre
AccessLatch is operated with the use of an MLAK Key
Ten-year replacement warranty
- Australian Standard AS 1428.1 (2009) – Design for access and mobility, Part 1: General requirements for access – New building work (AS 1428)
- Australian Standard AS1926.1 – Safety Barriers for Swimming Pools (AS 1926)
International distribution enquiries are welcome. Please Contact Us.